Monday 8 September 2008

Lazy

I have just had a gentle kick up the proverbial by Tootsie Farklepants, isn't that a great name, because I haven't blogged for a while. Tootsie's blog is Vintage Thirty, a great blog that you just know is going to be great because the header is "unattended children will be given an espresso and a free puppy" - funny eh?

But enough of the waffle as I am simply trying to avoid the subject of my utter laziness and inability to post! My laziness has two parts to it, firstly that I have stopped reading anything even vaguely Christian and secondly that I am too lazy to come up with a blog post.

The first bit I am reluctant to talk about because it seems quite clear that I have turned my face away from God at the moment and there is simply no reason for me to have done so, except that I obviously expected everything to come easy and for there to be no struggle in getting to understand what my faith means to me. Yes, I can hear you all saying "Duh!?", but the point is that it IS hard work and I must persevere, but when I have several channels to surf the telly with or a laptop to play with or a pile of to be read books, my chats with God (in whatever form) come bottom of the pile.

And do you know what? I feel far less satisfied with it all, simply writing this post is making me think again and wondering just what it is that I am trying to achieve by not reading or pondering on God's word. There is a glimmer of light though - a leaflet dropped through my letterbox the other day - an Alpha study is going to be starting up in my village as from the 24th September, and this will give me a lot more help and thought, not to mention likeminded people that actually live near me that I can talk to and discuss things with - I will let you all know how I get on with that.

(By the way, if you'd like to know how the canal holiday went, just pop over to my other blog and take a look here and here!)

3 comments:

Edie said...

Hi Sam - Glad to see you again. I've been thinking I should send you an email to see how you are doing. I'm glad someone had sense enough to do it. :)

This life is a journey into the next one. The journey is never promised to be easy but He promises to take us all the way. Keep looking to Him and Trust Him with all that is in you. He will never fail you.

Cara said...

Hi Sam. Thanks for clicking over to my blog and leaving a comment.

We all have our own journey through faith and it doesn't always mean we are lit up by the spirit.

Keep on and you will find your perfect way.

Kathie said...

Faith is a journey and growing it is not easy. I know because I have been trying to become better for Him everyday for over 26 years. It is never easy, but He really loves me. When I go straying off somewhere, He is right where I left Him, waiting for me to wander on back home.

Loved the photos of the narrowboat holiday. Had never heard of a narrowboat before. Very interesting.

Blessings from Costa Rica