Thursday 10 July 2008

Thankful Thursday

A great little blog has a Thankful Thursday meme every....well....Thursday!! Just click on the pretty photo above to find out what it's all about. There are quite a few blogs taking part in this, there are 75 links posted today for you all to rummage through when you have a moment!

I could certainly do with being reminded to be thankful every now and then as I moan and groan and grumble and mumble about this and that and of nothing of consequence and need to remember to be thankful for what I do have!

  • I am thankful that despite my hearing loss I can still crank up Madonna in the car and bop down the road!

  • I am thankful that I am still (and always will be) close to my parents and am looking forward to spending a week on a narrow boat with them and my youngest brother.

  • I am thankful that Phoebe cat eventually came home last, yowling for her food!

  • I am thankful that I finally have someone coming to look at the leaky gutter, and am thankful that we do indeed have water to wash and clean and drink and bring the garden to life.

  • I am thankful that I am exploring my faith and beginning to understand just what a great thing Jesus did for me.

  • and finally....I am thankful that I didn't actually go to work in my slippers this morning even if I did step out of the house with them on!! ;-)

4 comments:

Denise said...

Welcome to thankful thursday sweetie. Your thankful post was really awesome.

Kristi said...

Welcome to TT! Warning, thankful heart are contagious! Blessings.

About Nancy said...

An attitude of gratitude does wonders for the heart doesn't it. Thanks for sharing!
Nancy

Peggy said...

Way to go Sam...with no slippers!
That wasn't so hard was it? Glad to see you have much to be thankful for and sharing with us!

I'm glad with your hearing loss, you can still enjoy bip bopping to Madonna or some Praise music
...maybe you should join Then Sings My Soul Saturday with Amy at Sign, Miracles and Wonders!

Glad your cat found her way home for food! It's nice to be thankful for simple things like water! If you saw how brown and yucky mine looks sometimes, you'd really be
thankful!

Anyways, I thank God for You and that you are exploring your faith!

Be blessed and come back next Thursday!