Wednesday 2 July 2008

Word-Filled Wednesday

It's been a while since I last wrote something and although I do have a post in progress I am still working on it, so I went for a look around the internet to see if I could find something to fill this gap as otherwise this blog looks as though I only write something once a week!!

Anyway, I found a blog called 160 Acre Woods and every Wednesday they have a Word Filled Wednesday where people are encouraged to upload a photograph and add a Bible verse.

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep.
And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. Gen 1:1-2

I thought that this verse went quite well with this photograph that was taken in Adelaide during my trip to Australia in March! Besides, it reminds me that I only at the beginning of my faith journey and I have to start somewhere and where better to start than Genesis!!

11 comments:

Leaon Mary said...

I love the verse you chose and you took that in Australia? Blessed YOU! I hope someday the Lord wills me to go to Australia!
I love the part of the verse: The spirit of the Lord was hovering... COULD YOU JUST IMAGINE???????????
WHOOOOhoOOoOooooOOOO
HAPPY WFW
Holykisses,
Lea
<*)))><

Melanie said...

I'm so glad you joined us for WFW! Love the picture and, I agree, the verse is absolutely perfect for it.

Have a geat week!

Kristi said...

It's so nice to meet you. Beautiful photograph and perfect verse! My daughters dream of snorkeling in Australia one day.

Alex said...

Well, would you know that I live in Adelaide, Australia?! :) What a great WFW for me today - a bit of my home shown to the rest of these lovely ladies (& men??). Happy Days & Blessings to You!

Sheila said...

Sam, that's awesome! Genesis is a great place to start for sure! I'm sorry I haven't commented sooner, but I have made my way over here a few times. I'll be back.

Happy WFW to you!
Sheila

Laurie Ann said...

I love the verse and photo. God bless you in new faith journey with Christ. Beginning at the Beginning seems like a good place to start!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to WFW! Beautiful photo and a wonderful verse...it is always nice to have a reminder of the beginning and what an Amazing God we serve.

Blessings.

Denise said...

Welcome to WFW, I enjoyed your verse, and picture.

Anonymous said...

Welcome from Australia........
Not South Australia of which Adelaide is the Capital city but the one next door to the East. Victoria.
I have to say it is the best state, but SA comes close.
Lovely picture.
ps: if you snorkel in Australia do it on the edge of the Great barrier reef.....take a flight out on a sea plane and it is like being on top of a mountain and looking down. That is in Queensland the one at the top on the east side.

Edie said...

What a beautiful picture Sam, and that verse is a perfect match. I would love to go to Australia, I bet you had a great time!

I'm with Lea on the part of that scripture that says "the Spirit of the Lord was hovering..." Just before implementing the spectacular events of creation, the Spirit of the Lord hovered. The Bible says that when you become a believer, you are a new creation. Think of that - The Spirit of the Lord is hovering over you. Wow!

Blessings -
(edie7777 at tx dot rr dot com)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and well done! I'm glad you've joined our group! :)